From the BIFF website…
Cine Sparks interactive, hand-on masterclasses provide students aged between 15 and 18 with an insight into the moving image industry.
Students will learn filmmaking techniques inherent to the process of creating, shooting and editing films, allowing them to maximise their capabilities.
Topics covered include:
* Shot sizes and framing to communicate to the audience.
* Focus pulling and creating depth.
* Stylizing footage to create emotion and feeling.
* Shooting for effects.
* Working with key backgrounds.
* Ingesting footage for editing.
* Basic editing techniques.
* Project layouts for best results including (documentary, fiction and music video formats).
* Introduction to croma key and luma key effects
* Introduction to picture in picture effect.
Presented by In The Bin, the Cine Sparks masterclass series runs from October 17 – 21, 6.30pm – 9.30pm at Griffith Film School.
Attendance is free. Online bookings only. Book early – numbers are strictly limited!