This is a call for abstracts for the Australian Teachers of Media Queensland State Conference 2019.
The conference will take place on Friday 8th and Saturday 9th November 2019 at Bond University, Varsity Lakes, Gold Coast.
Call for Abstracts!
- Do you have a Media Arts Unit of work aimed at students in Years Prep to Year 10 that you are willing to share?
- Perhaps a multi-disciplinary approach to teaching Media Arts in primary schools?
- Do you have a unit of work for Units 1, 2, 3 or 4 of the new FTVNM Senior Syllabus that can support your fellow FTVNM teachers?
- Can you share your practices around how you address the Cross-Curricula Priorities of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures or Asia and Australia’s Engagement with Asia?
- Can you help with storyboards, treatments or lesson ideas for teaching the cognitive verbs, such as experiment or appraise?
- How about an engaging series of lessons for teaching Foundation, Story Forms, Participation or Identity?
- Or some resources and lesson ideas that can support teachers with teaching the Key Concepts?
- Maybe you have something to share about Music Videos, Documentary, Genre, Australian Cinema, Multiplatform, Transmedia or New Media?
- Maybe you can support teachers in a practical workshop to write internal assessment?
If any of these ideas speak to you, we would love to hear from you.
We are calling for abstracts for seminar presentations and practical workshops that offer engaging and interesting ideas on delivering the Media Arts strand of the Queensland Curriculum and QCAA Senior syllabus units.
The closing date for submissions is Friday, August 23rd.
If you have any queries about the State Conference, please feel free to contact the ATOMQ office via our contact page.
Submissions can be uploaded using the form below.